miércoles, 28 de septiembre de 2022

The Best Concert Ever

Well for me it's really hard to decide which concert I've attended is the best, I've been going to concerts since I was 12 years old and I've seen some excellent performances as well as some not so great. But if I have to pick my favorite one it would be Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds's show in 2018 at the Teatro Caupolican. For those who don't know Nick Cave is a musician, songwritter and singer that plays with the band called The Bad Seeds, but basically Nick is the frontman and takes all the credit for that haha. The band was formed around the 70s and was one of the most influencial bands in the gothic music scene.
So, as I remember I wanted to meet the band so bad that I skipped school the day of the show and waited outside the Sheraton Hotel the whole day waiting for the band and get my CD's signed. So I waited like 5 hours outside, and then suddenly a van parked to pick the band, everyone did a qeue and saw that Nick came up to sign our stuff and take pictures, it was really a moment I will never forget because literally I met one of my heroes and idols. So then I went to the show and it was mindblowing, I couldn't believe I was watching my favorite musician live, I felt so lucky and happy for the opportunity. He played some of the classics and his new record at that time called: Skeleton Tree. It was an intimate show as Nick held other people's hand and invited them to get on the stage to sing with him, there were like 40 lucky fans on that stage. You could see that the band and the audience, including me, enjoyed a lot the show.

2 comentarios:

Back To The Past

If I ever had the chance to time travel, I think I would go back to the past and not travel to the future, because I rather not knowing what...